2006年3月9日 星期四

20060309

I moved out again last weekend. This is my third homestay in Brisbane. In my first homestay,

the homestay mother was very kind and cooked well, but I needed to use the internet. There

was no internet, so I had to move out and asked my homestay agent to search for a new

homestay for me. Then they found a new homestay with internet access.

Living in my second homestay has been my worst experience during my stay in Brisbane. There

were 10 students in the homestay and we shared two bath rooms. The homestay parents just

wanted to earn money from students. I think it’s more like a homestay hotel. If we wanted

to use the washing machine, we had to pay money. Every student paid AU $30 per month to use

the internet but we shared an internet line which also had quota limits. Is the internet so

expensive in Brisbane? I don’t think so. If we went home late, they wouldn't keep dinner

for us. They provided instant noodles for us every Friday because they needed to go out with

their friends. Instant noodles are not good for health. We wanted to cook dinner by

ourselves but they didn’t permit us to use the kitchen. The homestay agent told me that I

had lunch on the weekend but I never had. Anyway, there were so many bad experiences at my

2nd homestay. I couldn’t stand it anymore, so I asked my friend to find a new homestay for

me.

Fortunately, my friend found the new homestay near Garden city shopping center. I told my

homestay agent that I wanted to move out. When he heard about the homestay situation, he was

very shocked. The homestay parents were very angry with me because I let the agent know the 

situation. They told me they could kick me out immediately. I had already imformed them one

week earlier and paid the rent. They couldn’t kick me out and didn’t dare do it. But the

week was a very long week for me.

In the new homestay, the homestay mother is from China but the father is Australian so we

also speak English at home. What is most important is that I can often eat Chinese food and

sometimes Australian food. In this homestay, I have a friendly homestay family, 3 meals a

day, free internet and so on. I think everything in this homestay is better than the 2nd

homestay. I think I don’t need to move out again.

沒有留言: